Claro Money is a digital financial coaching app for people who want to improve their finances.
We help our users to build a plan to achieve their goals with the help of expert financial coaches. We provide the education, support, community and tools to help everyone create a financial plan and achieve their goals.
In two years we have grown from a founding team of three to a team of over 25. Together we have built a community of over 40,000 and launched an app with over 10,000 users from our HQ in London.
Claro has grown in all departments, from engineering and data science to product, marketing, investments and compliance. We’re now looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us better acquire, understand and serve our customers as we grow.
Claro Money is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Senior Web Developer to join our growing development team. The role will be responsible for delivering a brand new market-leading functional website for our customers.
We’re looking for people that thrive in a start-up environment, like dynamism and want to figure out how to do things that haven’t been done before. You’re a true team player and inherently positive.
- Develop, test, and deploy new functional website for Claro
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues across the engineering and product team
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the product and team’s development workflow
- Actively and constructively participate in scrum ceremonies
- Self-driven to develop technical expertise and mentor more junior developers
- You will be heavily involved in defining and evolving our technical approach and mentoring other developers within the team
- Be a Technical Lead working alongside other developers
Key skills and experience:
- Prior experience working in digital industries.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate complex solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Excellent and proven experience with building responsive, cross-browser compatible websites and web-based applications.
- HTML and CSS
- Excellent working knowledge of version control software such as Git.
- Excellent knowledge of building and maintaining CI / CD pipelines.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards surrounding performance, accessibility, responsiveness and security.
- Good understanding of the web experience on non-desktop devices such as on mobile or a tablet.
- Some experience in building PWAs for mobile and tablet devices, implementing web-based applications using libraries such as React Native and/or Flutter.
- Some experience of setting development standards and performing code reviews.
- Some experience with unit, integration, and end to end testing tools and practices.
What We Offer
- Maximum entrepreneurial freedom to build upon existing marketing stack for a new product
- Opportunity to significantly influence the project as one of the early-stage employees
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with flexible working package
- Working in one of the best co-working offices based in Central London
- Private healthcare via Vitality including their rewards programme
Our equal opportunity promise:
At Claro, we pride ourselves on our industry-leading 46-54% ratio of women to men, a result of our ongoing commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We treat all applications equally no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Ready to drive a lasting change in the way society perceives finances? We are looking forward to meeting you!
Email in your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior Web developer“.