Claro Money is a digital financial coaching app for people who want to improve their finances.
We help our users to build a plan to achieve their goals with the help of expert financial coaches. We provide the education, support, community and tools to help everyone create a financial plan and achieve their goals.
In two years we have grown from a founding team of three to a team of over 25. Together we have built a community of over 40,000 and launched an app with over 10,000 users from our HQ in London.
Claro has grown in all departments, from engineering and data science to product, marketing, investments and compliance. We’re now looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us better acquire, understand and serve our customers as we grow.
Claro Money is seeking a self-motivated, people-person who likes collaborating across various teams to find solutions that work best for customers. This role will be part of the Design team, working alongside other experienced UX and UI designers, who can provide ample support to learn and train oneself on the skills required to fulfil this role.
The role will be responsible primarily for ideating, researching, low-fi wireframing, validating and presenting new features and functionalities to product owners, based on customer demands.
This would require good organisation skills and the ability to work and communicate across various functions such as tech, design, marketing and business teams. Therefore, a good understanding of mobile / web technologies and general awareness of the market trends in digital space is a must.
We’re looking for people that thrive in a start-up environment, who enjoy a dynamic and fast-paced workplace, and love figuring out how to do things that haven’t been done before. If you are a true team player and inherently positive, please apply!
- Collaborate with designers, product and engineering to design and launch new features for the product
- Contribute to every step of process from ideation to final design of features
- Follow a user-centered design process including the creation of wireframes/prototypes and iterating on those designs
- Visual, UI and interaction design of websites & apps, including animation using brand guidelines and design systems
- Presenting your design ideas to other teams
Key skills and experience:
- 2+ year experience as a UX/UI designer or degree in a design-related discipline
- Experience with product design, app and website platforms (with an eye for improving and testing user journey)
- Good knowledge of design tools like Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- An exciting portfolio of past creative projects – we’re looking for quality over quantity
- Experience of design process from ideation to hi-fidelity designs
What We Offer
- Maximum entrepreneurial freedom to build upon existing marketing stack for a new product
- Opportunity to significantly influence the project as one of the early-stage employees
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with flexible working package
- Working in one of the best co-working offices based in Central London
- Private healthcare via Vitality including their rewards programme
Our equal opportunity promise:
At Claro, we pride ourselves on our industry-leading 46-54% ratio of women to men, a result of our ongoing commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We treat all applications equally no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Ready to drive a lasting change in the way society perceives finances? We are looking forward to meeting you!
Email in your CV at email@example.com with the subject “Junior UX/UI designer“.